Indian cricket is flourishing after the great win in 1983 at Lords in England. Indian Cricket won their first International match in 1952. Here we will give you a list of top 10 Indian Cricketers that served India after 1975 or the emergence of 50 over World Cup.
10. Anil Kumble – The best spinner India has ever produced. He was a match-winner for India. He also served as a Captain of India Test Team for a couple of years in which the Indian team performed really well outside India. He played 132 test matches and 271 ODIs for India in which he took 619 and 337 wickets respectively. His duo with Harbhajan Singh was famous in the early 2000s. He also has a test hundred in front of his name.
9. Virendra Sehwag – The player with is own swag. With not a long stride he ruled in the International cricket at his time. Bowlers often had a threat while he was on the crease. After Sachin Tendulkar, he was the second person to score a double hundred in One-day International. He is having an average of around 50 in Test Matches. In his career of 104 test matches, he scored two triple hundreds one against Pakistan and the other against South Africa. In One-day Internationals, his career strike is over 100. He always wished to hit the ball out of the ground. He is also famous for two things, one is hitting a boundary on the first ball of the match and hitting six to get the hundred.
8. Rahul Dravid – ‘The Wall’ of Indian Cricket scored 10,000 runs in both One-day and Test Matches. He is having 164 test matches on his name in which he scored over 13 thousand runs with an average of over 52. His partnership with VVS Laxman in 2001 against Australia is a record partnership even now. He was sometimes criticized for his strike-rate in One-day Internationals. Some legends believed that Rahul Dravid is the best batsman at number 3 position in the history of cricket.
7. Saurav Ganguly – Ganguly holds a special place in Indian Cricket. After 2000, when Indian cricket was suffering from the match-fixing scandal. Ganguly stood up are created a new team with young talent including Sehwag, Yuvraj, Kaif, Zaheer and few more. Sourav Ganguly has an excellent record in ICC events whether it is ICC Champions Trophy or ICC World Cup. Sourav Ganguly’s One day career was very nice he scored over 10000 runs in ODIs.
6. Sunil Gavaskar – Probably the first legend in Indian Cricket. He is the first cricketer to score 10000 runs in Test Matches. Sunil Gavaskar has scored 34 centuries in Test Cricket with an average of over 51. He was also a part of 1983 World Cup winning team. He was not a great ODI player but still have decent statistics in ODI as well. Before Sachin Tendulkar, he was the little master.
5. Rohit Sharma – Perhaps the best One-day opener for India after Sachin Tendulkar. Rohit Sharma has scored 3 double centuries in One-day Internationals. There are two phases in Rohit Sharma’s career, one from 2007 to 2013 and the second from 2013 till now. With an average of around 49, he has scored 8658 runs in 215 One day internationals. He started his career as a middle-order batsman and after 2013 when Dhoni promoted her as an opener changed his career. He was also a part of the 2007 T20 Winning team.
4. Kapil Dev – The greatest all-rounder India has ever produced. The moment when Kapil Dev lifted the World Cup trophy at the Lords created the fortune of Indian Cricket, gave motivation to many cricketers. Kapil Dev has scored only one century in One day International which came in 1983 World Cup when India team was 36-5 against Zimbabwe. He scored 175 runs in that match. Kapil Dev has 434 wickets in Test Matches and 253 Wickets in ODIs. Also, he scored over 5000 runs in Test Matches and 3783 runs in One Day International with a decent average.
3. Virat Kohli – The run-machine Kohli. From an angry player to a mature captain, Virat is a changed person now. Having 50+ average in Test, ODI, and T20 is not a joke. He is the only who could break the records of Sachin Tendulkar. Virat has scored over 11 thousand runs in 236 ODIs with 41 centuries with an average of about 60. He is undoubtedly the best ever ODI player till now cricket has ever seen.
2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni – A wicketkeeper-batsman from a small town. The player who has changed Indian cricket and took it to a new level. We should give huge credit to MS Dhoni for our fitness standard and for fielding standard of Indian Cricket Team. From hard hitter of the ball to Mature and responsible player. Dhoni has given everything to Indian Cricket. He was the captain of India for almost a decade. India won T20 World, ICC World Cup, Champions Trophy, Asia Cup under the Captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. He leads team India single-handedly many times. His style of finishing the match with a six is still famous. His helicopter shot in the Final against Sri Lanka is still in our memories.
1. Sachin Tendulkar – Without any doubt, Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest player of all time not only for India but also for the Cricket history. In India, he is worshipped like a God. There was a time in Indian Cricket when people used to watch the match only till Sachin is there. Played cricket for 25 years, be a part of 7 World Cups is not a small thing. The Master Blaster has over 18 thousand runs in One Day International and over 15 thousand runs in Test Matches. Sachin has scored 100 Centuries and 33000 runs in International Cricket which is almost an unbreakable record at itself.